5 wines from the Maison Labouré-Roi have been selected during the Burgondia 2015-2016 competition!
Every February since 1993, Burgundy hosts the Burgondia Club, a jury of experts from around the world, constituted of professionals from the wine sector; oenologists, sommeliers, restaurateurs, cellar masters, journalists, importers or oenophiles. During its annual meeting, this jury must choose the best wines of Burgundy and ten wines of the Beaujolais, registered to participate in the Burgondia competition, by judging the wines during a blind tasting composed of a large array of samples.
The GOLD, SILVER, and BRONZE medals,are then affixed on the winning wine bottles’labels and are, for the consumers as for the producers, cooperative wineries, and wine merchants of Burgundy and Beaujolais, a recognition of all of their hard work.
In 2015 and 2016, five of Maison Labouré-Roi’s wines have been honored with the GOLD, SILVER, and BRONZE medals:
- Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Craipillot 2013 AOC Rouge – GOLD Burgondia 2016 ;
- Bourgogne AOC 2014 Rouge – GOLD Burgondia 2016 ;
- Chassagne-Montrachet 2014 AOC Blanc – BRONZE Burgondia 2016 ;
- Chablis « Labouré-Roi » 2013 AOC Blanc – SILVER Burgondia 2015 ;
- Gevrey-Chambertin « Labouré-Roi » 2013 AOC Rouge – GOLD Burgondia 2015 ;
We are very proud to be able to share these accomplishments with you. These medals celebrate the vinification work carried out with passion and skill by the entire Maison Labouré-Roi’s team. Thank you to them all for their daily dedication and their enthusiastic will to deliver great wines to our clientele each year and for making them accessible to all.
Furthermore, our wines have also been recognized in other international competitions in the last two years, as proven by the following list:
- a gold medal at the International Wine Challenge 2016 (results obtained in December 2015) for our Gevrey Chambertin 2013, and also 5 silver medals, 3 bronze, and 5 special acknowledgments;
- a silver medal for our Beaujolais Nouveau Très Vieilles Vignes Château de Cercy 2015 at the Trophée des Beaujolais Nouveaux de Lyon in 2016 ;
- 5 gold medals in the Guide Gilbert et Gaillard 2016;
- 5 bronze medals at the International Wine & Spirit Competition in June 2015;
- Various acknowledgments from the international press: Selection Magazin in Germany, the Wine Enthusiast in the US, and even being selected in the Un Vin Presque Parfait, that recognized our Nuits-Saint-Georges…